latest Post

In the beginning, called Christchurch Twineham and Richard-de-Redvers,

Christchurch Castle


In the beginning, called Christchurch Twineham and Richard-de-Redvers, Devon's Fort, they established their castle in the region of 1100 with all probability. The town is noted for its abbey church, a jewel of Norman architecture, but also stands near Norman House, of great interest. This ruined building included the castle hall and the sun.



The original doorway, once reached by the outer stairs, marks the junction adjacent to the two rooms, which are only divided by the wooden dividing wall. A number of two light windows enhanced with chevron decorations light the hall. Two of them, for example, the outer wall of the castle that pierces the wall in front of the stream. In the face of the fact that they are located on the ground floor level, they are too close to the ground and too big for real defense.



A tall, round chimney sandwiched by these two windows-one of the very old in existence in England. The architecture of the hall looks like the 1600s and is the work of the founder's grandson, Richard-Dredders, or his son Baldwin. The only remaining part of the castle is the motto with the two featureless walls of the square tower. It may probably have been Norman's keep, Kanted Corner was abandoned in 1645, at a time after the Middle Ages 1645, when the castle belonged to Montagu Fort in Salisbury, the royalist attacked town Sometimes it became the last of several round head troops that could hold it here. Subsequently, coastal defense was destroyed by congressional order.

Chester Castle



Chester began as a fortress of the Roman legion of Deva. Stone defense rose around the first AD 100, and for the next three centuries, housed twenty corps. The site seems to be deterred when the Roman occupation came to an end, but the Danish take refuge one winter behind the old wall, and get rid of them. Here he urged Ethel Red, the mercia of Mercia, to establish a burberry. It put a rare resistance to William the Conqueror, but fell in 1070. Today's urban walls are a large part of the era when most British towns rebuilt their defenses.



Underlying the medieval defense is the remains of the army fortress. It had the usual rectangular plan of the Roman fort, with rounded corners and gates on both sides. The city wall follows the Roman alignment of the north and east. Near Nugate you can see the foundation of the Roman Angle Tower where the two walls divide the company.



King Charles Tower is the north-eastern corner, the best of the mural towers. From here Charles I saw the Battle of Rowton Heath. But an even more impressive tower is the cylindrical water tower added at 1322-26 at the end of the four-sided condensation wall that protrudes from the northwest corner of the circuit.



Chester Castle occupies the hill overlooking the river at the southern end of the fortified city. It stood outside the circuit before the defense was extended. William Conqueror founded the castle after the city fell, but he soon made Fort Hugh d'Avranche in Chester and granted him a castle. On the upper floor of the tower is a Norman arched chapel decorated with newly discovered frescoes. The length of the inner curtain also survives.

About eWorld

eWorld
Recommended Posts ×

0 comments:

Post a Comment